I wanted to start a new weekly post on the blog where I do a sort of summary of what I’ve been up to during the week. It (obviously) won’t be a complete record since I don’t want to bore you (too much)!
So, this past week I have:
- Been to the hospital optometrist with my tiny tyrant to confirm that yes, she does need glasses. If someone can explain to me how to convince a just-turned-three-year-old that she needs to wear glasses, please get in touch. (She’s adamant that she does not want to wear glasses. I am currently considering bribes. It seems reasonable, right?)
- Wondering why the laundry mountain never diminishes, no matter how many loads of laundry I do.
- Written less words than I would have liked, but I did write some, so… Win?
- Met my friends and their kids (tiny tyrant’s friends) and had a whinge and a cup of tea. It was lovely. I highly recommend a whinge with friends now and then. It was all outside in a garden due to current restrictions (pandemic and all that) and sadly cut short due to rain, but hey! I saw other people that don’t live with me. I count that as a win these days.
- Stared at a blank page and tried to remember what I was going to write. Again.
- Amused myself by starting a chapter with the sentence: “I know it looks big, but I promise it won’t hurt.”
- Been to the optician to choose new glasses. It was time. Literally. My old ones are falling apart by now and I have to use my nail to tighten the tiny tiny screw at least twice a day.
- Forgotten to make several phone calls. Well, there’s another week coming.
- Started watching Kim’s Convenience (only X number of years after everyone else, but it’s on Netflix, so…)
What have you been up to this past week?