A summary of what I’ve been up to in the last week, in bullet points. Because, why not?
What I’ve done this past week:
- Not slept. The tiny tyrant has been poorly, so most evenings/nights have been spent trying to make her sleep. And then either being kicked in the back or used as a human comfort blanket.
- Dropped the tiny tyrant off for settling in sessions at daycare. We managed two before she became poorly. Both times she went straight in, barely saying goodbye, so that’s good… I think? First time she had to be picked up a bit early, second went all right. Though I’m told she doesn’t share with the other children. I’m not surprised, we’ve basically spent a third of her life in lockdown and she’s had every single toy to herself.
- Worried about hitting my word count goals since I got little to no time writing.
- Dreamed about winning the lottery and how I would decorate my house. (As you do when you can’t sleep and are just lying there staring at the ceiling.)
- Picked up my new glasses. Finally moved away from purple frames to something else. (Had purple for like 6 years, it was getting boring.)
- Stared at the messy chaos that’s supposedly my home and decided it can wait for another day.
- Finished writing a novella. I started it on a whim, but I quite like it and I think I might extend it slightly into a shortish novel. When I have time. So… in 2035?
What have you been up to this past week?