What I’ve been up to in January. In bullet points.
- Spent the first three weeks with family. Tiny Tyrant loved seeing her cousins and picked up a fair few bad habits (I have since been called stupid). She also picked up some new songs she wants to listen to/dance to. Finding out which ones they were was not the easiest when she doesn’t know the lyrics and only makes some random noises.
- Did not write nearly as much as I should have.
- Did write a short story for a collaboration with a few other writers in my writing group. It will be released in a little novella for Valentine’s Day.
- Tore my hair out as TT decided that bedtime was between 11pm and 1am every night. (This may have had a fair bit to do with why I got so little writing done – or anything else for that matter.)
- Went to a place called Universeum where you can walk through an indoor rain forest with birds roaming free, amongst other things. TT was mostly impressed by the indoor playground in the basement, though she did also like looking at the animals and trying the experiments rooms.
- Watched a few movies. Which is rare for me these days. Quality varied greatly. My favourite of the bunch was probably Disney’s Encanto. I also saw the more recent adaption of Jane Austen’s Emma, and it was okay but not my favourite. Started watching Jungle Cruise, but admittedly didn’t finish.
- Got Covid. Boo!
- Total words written for January: 13 291.