I know I say this e v e r y year, but… how is it 2022 already???
Despite the pandemic and lockdowns and whatnot, it still feels like the year has gone really fast. (While at times going incredibly slow, too… It’s a paradox.)
Like 2020, 2021 was an… interesting year. The pandemic was still going strong, and in England, we spent the first months of the year in a national lockdown. Restrictions eventually eased to allow you to meet a handful of people outdoors, then a handful of people indoors, then most restrictions ended. Then of course we got the Delta variant… and now the Omicron variant, so restrictions may return at any moment (some of them have, but no lockdowns yet).
Despite this, in the summer I managed to go see my family abroad for the first time in 20 months, which felt amazing. I had really missed them, and they had missed so much of the tiny tyrant’s life. As I’m writing this, I’m visiting them again over the Christmas period, though it was a bit touch and go for a while as they were reintroducing travel restrictions.
Writing went fairly well in 2021. I set myself a goal to write 240 000 words, and in the end, hit nearly 250k (248 966 to be exact). I think I would have had a little bit more if I hadn’t got sick for most of December.
I finished two novellas, one novel, and started a second novel and a third novella. (And finished up another novel that I started in December 2020, so most of it was written in 2021.)
I’d like to hit 240k again this year, but as I have a lot of revisions and editing to do, I’m not sure that will be possible.
I don’t like to make New Year’s Resolutions, but I will try to set myself some goals for the year. I failed on some of my goals for last year, so let’s see if I can do them this year.
- Release first book in Howerty series (and all the things that entails)
- Write more on the blog.
- Be more active on social media. I will chose one or two platforms and focus on those. Instagram is a favourite of mine, but what should the second one be? A lot of people are saying TikTok is good these days because of #booktok but I don’t know if I have it in me for that one. Any suggestions?
- Keep up with my ko-fi page.
- Continue writing, hopefully hitting 240k again for the year.
- Get the tiny tyrant’s room done. (Painting and some fixing of the room and setup in general).
- Declutter our home in general.
- More exercise and better eating. (The pandemic has not been good for my mental or physical health.)
What are your goals for 2022?